This cute little bluetooth speaker made my fingertips go numb, with a burn sensation when I held it. The outer coating is a synthetic rubber.
My leather zippered cross-body tote bag in a honey color has some kind of microfiber interior that felt as bad as the lamp shades. It burned and made my hands swell up and made me cough.
These lamp shades were on each side of my bed. When I got close to them I realized they were putting something into the air that was giving me a face burn. I took them off of the lamps. When touching them they gave me the type of shock pain that made me want to throw them on the floor, like a bite. My hands swelled up and begin to hurt as I carried them outside.
This polyester shower curtain made my hands and arms tingle when I touched it. It needs to go.
But first I had to remove the tags and sew the spot where I removed them. Tags more times than not give me a reaction. They are often not the same material as they are attached to and the silk screen ink has benzene.
This hemp shower curtain makes a great replacement that emits no VOCs.
This bottle of wine has a synthetic cork. I get one of the worst reactions from man-made cork.
As the wine ages, the chemicals leash into the liquid. Synthetic corks are made from plastic materials such as polyethylene and coated with silicone to help them slip into the bottle neck. The nerves in my hands throb and swell just holding this cork. I also read that most red wines these days contain over 70 chemicals including dye, unlike the pure wine of the past.
I got a strong reaction from this rubber type cake scraper.
I removed this VOC emiting synthetic rubber bottom off the dog bowls.