Exposed fiberglass on the ceiling of a machine shop causing some of the workers to get sick everytime they worked in this area. The fiberglass had to be removed as it was a work hazard to the employees.
It is very common for industrial buildings with flat rooves to have water leaks. The flat rooves themselves are often a thick fiberglass binded together.
The water goes through the fiberglass roof and in this case leaks into the batts which are stapled to the ceiling. Unfortunately water damaged fiberglass creates some of the worst air quality and the workers in these types of buildings are exposed to air toxins everytime they go to work.
While the fiberglass is tacked up with the shiny side down, the actual yellow fiberglass is still showing along the edges and where the batts are starting to fall down.